Computational and theoretical research of nanoscale and soft matter particulate systems.
What do we study?
- Systems: nanoparticles, colloids, polymers, granulates, molecules, atoms
- Applications: material structure, properties, phase diagram, rheology, photonics
What are our tools?
- Simulation: molecular dynamics, Monte Carlo, force fields, coarse-graining
- Statistical physics: self-assembly, active matter, topological defects
- Crystallography: structure solution, quasicrystals, group theory
- Data science: order parameters, high-throughput, visualization
- Machine learning: optimization, design, artificial intelligence
Current research focus:
- colloidal self-assembly — investigate how particles form complex structures
- nanomaterials design — design novel nanomaterials with advanced functionality
- crystallization processes — unravel crystallization processes across the scales
- high-performance algorithms — develop algorithms with superior performance
- particle coarse-graining — explore coarse-graining for particulate systems